SAN JOSE (KRON)–A bicyclist died after colliding with a light rail train Saturday afternoon in San Jose, according to officials with the Santa Clara Valley Transportation.
The collision happened around 4:30 p.m. at Race Street and Parkmoor Avenue near Highway 28.
Service on the Downtown Mountain View/Winchester line has been disrupted and a bus bridge has been set up to get passengers between San
Fernando and Fruitdale stations.
Police are investigating the collision, VTA officials said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘FIRE BALL’ RIDES IN BAY AREA CLOSED AFTER DEADLY ACCIDENT
- COUPLE GETS LIFE FOR TORTURE MURDER OF NAPA TODDLER
- CAUGHT ON CAM: ILLEGAL STREET RACE LEADS TO CRASH IN SAN JOSE
- FORMER DEPUTY TO STAND TRIAL IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL CASE
- MUG SHOT RELEASED OF SF OFFICER ACCUSED OF HAVING CHILD PORN
- WINNING $1.2M LOTTERY TICKET BOUGHT AT DUBLIN BOWLING ALLEY
- FBI: MAN SAYS HE KILLED WIFE ON CRUISE OVER HER LAUGHING
- IDENTICAL TWINS WANT TO BE PREGNANT BY THE SAME MAN AT THE SAME TIME