PHOENIX (KRON) — A man caught on surveillance video setting fire to a youth LGBT center in Phoenix is in police custody.
26-year old Darren William Beach Jr. is seen pouring a flammable liquid in the building before flames spread across the floor.
Center Director Linda Elliott says the man is a former client of the center and has a mental disability.
“I hope he gets the help and support he needs,” Elliott said. “He obviously is troubled in some way and we just hope he gets the help and peace that any youth deserves.”
Beach began using services at the center in 2013 , but he had to leave when he turned 25-years-old.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘FIRE BALL’ RIDES IN BAY AREA CLOSED AFTER DEADLY ACCIDENT
- COUPLE GETS LIFE FOR TORTURE MURDER OF NAPA TODDLER
- CAUGHT ON CAM: ILLEGAL STREET RACE LEADS TO CRASH IN SAN JOSE
- FORMER DEPUTY TO STAND TRIAL IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL CASE
- MUG SHOT RELEASED OF SF OFFICER ACCUSED OF HAVING CHILD PORN
- WINNING $1.2M LOTTERY TICKET BOUGHT AT DUBLIN BOWLING ALLEY
- FBI: MAN SAYS HE KILLED WIFE ON CRUISE OVER HER LAUGHING
- IDENTICAL TWINS WANT TO BE PREGNANT BY THE SAME MAN AT THE SAME TIME