OAKLAND (KRON) — It was heavily expected that the A’s would move pitcher Sonny Gray prior to today’s trade deadline and they did just that.
Gray is headed to the Bronx to become a New York Yankee, the team announced in a statement Monday.
The deal lands the A’s three of the Yankees’ top-12 prospects in outfielder Jorge Mateo, pitcher James Kaprielian, and infielder Dustin Fowler.
Along with Gray, the Yankees get $1.5 million, team officials said.
Gray is still in Oakland and could pitch as soon as tomorrow for New York.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘FIRE BALL’ RIDES IN BAY AREA CLOSED AFTER DEADLY ACCIDENT
- COUPLE GETS LIFE FOR TORTURE MURDER OF NAPA TODDLER
- CAUGHT ON CAM: ILLEGAL STREET RACE LEADS TO CRASH IN SAN JOSE
- FORMER DEPUTY TO STAND TRIAL IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL CASE
- MUG SHOT RELEASED OF SF OFFICER ACCUSED OF HAVING CHILD PORN
- WINNING $1.2M LOTTERY TICKET BOUGHT AT DUBLIN BOWLING ALLEY
- FBI: MAN SAYS HE KILLED WIFE ON CRUISE OVER HER LAUGHING
- IDENTICAL TWINS WANT TO BE PREGNANT BY THE SAME MAN AT THE SAME TIME