Video courtesy of CNN
LAKE TAHOE (KRON) — Searchers have recovered a body that is believed to be a former football player who went missing a year ago while paddle boarding in Lake Tahoe with his University of Nevada at Reno teammates.
“Officials searching for the body of missing paddle boarder Marc Ma have just recovered a body in Lake Tahoe, tentatively believed to be the 20-year-old presumed drowned last summer,” the sheriff’s office said in a Facebook statement on Monday.
The winds picked up and when a boat rescued his friends, Marc was gone.
Several agencies looked for Ma before the search was called off, but his family didn’t give up hope.
They hired a nonprofit called Bruce’s Legacy, which used a specialized robotic camera system and found the body believed to be Ma near where he was reported missing.
Ma graduated from Iolani School in Honolulu.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ELDERLY WOMAN KILLED AFTER STANDOFF WITH SUSPECT IN SF
- SCARAMUCCI OUT AS WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- FREMONT MAN ACCUSED OF TRYING TO EXTORT COUPLE WITH SEX TAPE
- VIDEO: MOTHER WARNS PARENTS AFTER BABY INFECTED WITH COLD SORES
- VIDEO: MOM, 2 SONS HIT BY CAR IN SAFEWAY PARKING LOT
- MAN ACCUSED OF RAPE ARRESTED AGAIN FOR SEX ACT WITH SAME TEEN