LAWRENCE COUNTY, Mo. (KOLR) — A 10-year-old Missouri boy died Sunday evening after being accidentally shot in the head by his father.
Lawrence County Sheriff Brad DeLay said Garrett Spaulding was with his dad, mom and another sibling as they were taking care of several animals. His dad was carrying a small caliber rifle.
When a rooster got riled up, the father went to grab it but it attacked him. Authorities say the father was knocked backward, which caused his weapon to fire, hitting the boy.
While the investigation is still ongoing, authorities believe it was an accidental shooting.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ELDERLY WOMAN KILLED AFTER STANDOFF WITH SUSPECT IN SF
- SCARAMUCCI OUT AS WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- FREMONT MAN ACCUSED OF TRYING TO EXTORT COUPLE WITH SEX TAPE
- VIDEO: MOTHER WARNS PARENTS AFTER BABY INFECTED WITH COLD SORES
- VIDEO: MOM, 2 SONS HIT BY CAR IN SAFEWAY PARKING LOT
- MAN ACCUSED OF RAPE ARRESTED AGAIN FOR SEX ACT WITH SAME TEEN