GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon man died in a motorcycle crash five weeks after his father was killed in such a crash.
The Daily Courier reports 49-year-old Raymond Millette died Friday afternoon on a dirt road in the mountains west of Grants Pass.
Paramedics needed a pickup with four-wheel drive to reach the scene, and the Oregon Department of Forestry had to open a gate.
They found Millette already dead, with his motorcycle off the trail.
His father, 69-year-old Michael Millette, died June 20 in a motorcycle crash on Highway 140 east of White City.
Both men were avid riders.
The younger Millette served as a medic in the Army before returning to Grants Pass and becoming a nurse practitioner.
He and his wife ran a family medical practice.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ELDERLY WOMAN KILLED AFTER STANDOFF WITH SUSPECT IN SF
- SCARAMUCCI OUT AS WHITE HOUSE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
- FREMONT MAN ACCUSED OF TRYING TO EXTORT COUPLE WITH SEX TAPE
- VIDEO: MOTHER WARNS PARENTS AFTER BABY INFECTED WITH COLD SORES
- VIDEO: MOM, 2 SONS HIT BY CAR IN SAFEWAY PARKING LOT
- MAN ACCUSED OF RAPE ARRESTED AGAIN FOR SEX ACT WITH SAME TEEN