GRAPEVINE, Texas (KRON) — GameStop is flipping the switch on its Thanksgiving plans.
The video game and electronics retailer has told its employees that stores will be open for this year’s Thanksgiving Day holiday, according to CNNMoney.
It has closed its doors on Thanksgiving for the past several years.
The company says storefronts will be open for a “limited time” during the holiday.
And it hasn’t been an easy year for GameStop, as it competes against the growth of e-commerce sites.
In March, the company said it would shut down more than 100 stores worldwide.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN OPENS EMERGENCY EXIT, JUMPS OUT OF PLANE ONTO SFO TARMAC
- VIDEO: SECURITY GUARD PUNCHES FAN AT A’S VS GIANTS’ GAME
- CHP: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER FALLING SLEEP WITH BABY IN HOT CAR
- POLICE: WOMAN BLIND AFTER BLEACH ATTACK IN SF
- SAN JOSE POLICE RELEASE PHOTO OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECT
- DAD ADMITS KILLING SON IN COURT AS MOM SOBS OVER BOY’S ASHES