(CNN Newsource) – This may have you thinking twice about accepting a slice of birthday cake.
A recent study confirms what you may already know–that blowing out birthday candles spreads germs–a lot of them.
To test this, researchers slathered icing on two fake birthday cakes and had people blow out the candles on one of them.
They found blowing on the candles increased the amount of bacteria on the cake by 1,400 percent.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN OPENS EMERGENCY EXIT, JUMPS OUT OF PLANE ONTO SFO TARMAC
- VIDEO: SECURITY GUARD PUNCHES FAN AT A’S VS GIANTS’ GAME
- CHP: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER FALLING SLEEP WITH BABY IN HOT CAR
- POLICE: WOMAN BLIND AFTER BLEACH ATTACK IN SF
- SAN JOSE POLICE RELEASE PHOTO OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECT
- DAD ADMITS KILLING SON IN COURT AS MOM SOBS OVER BOY’S ASHES