SAN JOSE (KRON) — San Jose police arrested a 34-year-old man for allegedly trying to make child pornography after a hidden camera was found in an art studio bathroom, police said.
On Sunday, the department’s Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) task force searched the suspect’s place of employment, The Enlightenment Studio, located at 438 Toyon Avenue.
According to police, once detectives arrived at the scene they found that the suspect, El Verde Nguyen, possessed at least one image involving a child under the age of 10-years-old and a located a small recording device in the restroom.
The Enlightenment Studio, an art studio, posted on their website that they have been shut down amid the investigation.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation will take a closer at the recording device, police said.
Nguyen was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County Jail.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Christian Mendoza of the San Jose Police Department’s ICAC (Sexual Assaults) Unit at (408) 537-1397.
— San Jose Police Dept (@SanJosePD) August 2, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN OPENS EMERGENCY EXIT, JUMPS OUT OF PLANE ONTO SFO TARMAC
- VIDEO: SECURITY GUARD PUNCHES FAN AT A’S VS GIANTS’ GAME
- CHP: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER FALLING SLEEP WITH BABY IN HOT CAR
- POLICE: WOMAN BLIND AFTER BLEACH ATTACK IN SF
- SAN JOSE POLICE RELEASE PHOTO OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECT
- DAD ADMITS KILLING SON IN COURT AS MOM SOBS OVER BOY’S ASHES