SANTA BARBARA COUNTY (KRON)– The U.S. Air Force launched an intercontinental ballistic missile in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday in Santa Barbara County.
The launch happened around 2:10 a.m. and is the fourth test in 2017 from the California site.
The tests were conducted to ensure the weapon systems are accurate and reliable.
A non-profit group, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, said the latest launch should be viewed as a direct response to the North Korean launch.
North Korea launched a ballistic missile last Friday that landed off the coast of Japan.It was the country’s second ballistic missile test in less than a month.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN OPENS EMERGENCY EXIT, JUMPS OUT OF PLANE ONTO SFO TARMAC
- VIDEO: SECURITY GUARD PUNCHES FAN AT A’S VS GIANTS’ GAME
- CHP: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER FALLING SLEEP WITH BABY IN HOT CAR
- POLICE: WOMAN BLIND AFTER BLEACH ATTACK IN SF
- SAN JOSE POLICE RELEASE PHOTO OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECT
- DAD ADMITS KILLING SON IN COURT AS MOM SOBS OVER BOY’S ASHES