WISCONSIN (KRON)–A family boating along a river in Wisconsin quickly jumped into action after witnessing a fawn drowning.
A man and his family saw the baby deer struggling because he got swept up in a current.
He put on a life vest and jumped into the water to save the animal.
“It was shallow enough where we had him go in that he could stand and get it,” said Vanessa Roebke.
Once the baby deer was rescued the family carried him back to shore.
The family was told by the Department of Natural Resources to leave the deer there and it would eventually reunite with its mother.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TEEN OPENS EMERGENCY EXIT, JUMPS OUT OF PLANE ONTO SFO TARMAC
- VIDEO: SECURITY GUARD PUNCHES FAN AT A’S VS GIANTS’ GAME
- CHP: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER FALLING SLEEP WITH BABY IN HOT CAR
- POLICE: WOMAN BLIND AFTER BLEACH ATTACK IN SF
- SAN JOSE POLICE RELEASE PHOTO OF ATTEMPTED MURDER SUSPECT
- DAD ADMITS KILLING SON IN COURT AS MOM SOBS OVER BOY’S ASHES