SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — People across the Bay Area are waking up to strange summer weather Friday morning.
StormTracker4 shows rain and lightning and humid, damp conditions are widespread.
The change seems abrupt after several weeks of hot, dry days that reached into triple digits in many Bay Area cities.
KRON4’s Will Tran caught some rain in San Francisco’s Dolores Park.
— Will Tran (@KRON4WTran) August 4, 2017
East Bay residents may want to refrain from taking out the boats and jet skis today.
The video at the top of this page shows lightning striking in Discovery Bay.
Lightning was also captured in Walnut Creek:
For more Bay Area weather, check in with the KRON4 Weather Center.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 3 SHOT AT SAN FRANCISCO’S DOLORES PARK
- MAN TEXTING ABOUT CHILD SEX ABUSE ON FLIGHT LEADS TO ARRESTS
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 15 MONTHS IN JAIL IN TEXTING SUICIDE CASE
- CHILD, 2, FOUND TIED TO TREE IN NORCAL ENCAMPMENT
- SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SACRAMENTO-AREA BACKYARD; 1 DEAD
- HILLS FIRE BEING INVESTIGATED AS POSSIBLE ARSON