SAN DIEGO (KRON/CNN) — A San Diego family is changing their plans to see a solar eclipse after a North Carolina hotel canceled their reservation made over a year ago.
Rick Wilkinson says he booked multiple hotel rooms at Wyndham’s Microtel Inn and Suites for his nine family members.
It was all for a glimpse of this month’s solar eclipse.
Wilkinson was so excited about the eclipse that he made a hotel reservation more than a year ago just to find out a few weeks prior to his trip that his reservation was canceled.
The hotel says Wilkinson requested the cancellation but he claims that is a cover up.
Wilkinson says because of price gouging he lost his rooms.
He now plans to follow up with the hotel once he arrives in North Carolina later this month.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 3 SHOT AT SAN FRANCISCO’S DOLORES PARK
- MAN TEXTING ABOUT CHILD SEX ABUSE ON FLIGHT LEADS TO ARRESTS
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 15 MONTHS IN JAIL IN TEXTING SUICIDE CASE
- CHILD, 2, FOUND TIED TO TREE IN NORCAL ENCAMPMENT
- SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SACRAMENTO-AREA BACKYARD; 1 DEAD
- HILLS FIRE BEING INVESTIGATED AS POSSIBLE ARSON