OAKLAND (KRON) — Part of Interstate 880 in Oakland were closed as California Highway Patrol cleaned up a huge mess Saturday morning.
Around 7:20 a.m. CHP tweeted a picture showing a trail of belongings that apparently flew off someone’s car.
The items strewn across the roadway prompted CHP to close three northbound lanes for clean-up.
“3 lanes shutdown on I-880 NB near 66th because motorist couldn’t invest in some tie-down straps,” CHP tweeted.
3 lanes shutdown on I-880 NB near 66th because motorist couldn't invest in some tie-down straps. pic.twitter.com/qnpVJWGXx7
— CHP Oakland (@CHPoakland) August 5, 2017
CHP announced the road was all clear and lanes were reopened within an hour.
Drivers should expect residual traffic in the area.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 3 SHOT AT SAN FRANCISCO’S DOLORES PARK
- MAN TEXTING ABOUT CHILD SEX ABUSE ON FLIGHT LEADS TO ARRESTS
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 15 MONTHS IN JAIL IN TEXTING SUICIDE CASE
- CHILD, 2, FOUND TIED TO TREE IN NORCAL ENCAMPMENT
- SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SACRAMENTO-AREA BACKYARD; 1 DEAD
- HILLS FIRE BEING INVESTIGATED AS POSSIBLE ARSON