Video from WFLA
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a Utah couple fed their 6-year-old son a diet primarily of carrots and locked him in a dark basement room all night.
The Utah County Sheriff said Thursday the room had no toilet, so the child hid his waste in a hole in the wall so he didn’t get in trouble.
Police say the parents forced the boy to eat carrots before every meal and denied him more food if he didn’t finish them quickly.
Authorities say the couple was arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse. No attorney was immediately listed for them in court records.
The Associated Press is not naming the couple to avoid identifying the child.
The child was taken to his grandmother’s home. Two other children were also taken into state custody.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 3 SHOT AT SAN FRANCISCO’S DOLORES PARK
- MAN TEXTING ABOUT CHILD SEX ABUSE ON FLIGHT LEADS TO ARRESTS
- WOMAN SENTENCED TO 15 MONTHS IN JAIL IN TEXTING SUICIDE CASE
- CHILD, 2, FOUND TIED TO TREE IN NORCAL ENCAMPMENT
- SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SACRAMENTO-AREA BACKYARD; 1 DEAD
- HILLS FIRE BEING INVESTIGATED AS POSSIBLE ARSON