OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Authorities say a former San Francisco Bay Area sheriff’s deputy faces an additional sex charge for his alleged involvement in a wide-ranging police sex scandal involving a teenager.
The East Bay Times reports (http://bayareane.ws/2vpQLjy ) the Alameda County District Attorney’s office filed the felony unlawful sex with a minor charge against 29-year-old Ricardo Perez on Monday.
He had already been charged with felony oral copulation with a minor.
Perez resigned from the Contra Costa Sheriff’s office.
He is the only former law enforcement officer so far to be charged with two felonies.
The teen who described herself as a prostitute said she had sex with about 30 law enforcement officials, including some when she was underage.
Perez’s attorney, Joe Motta, did not immediately respond to a phone message Friday seeking comment.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 75 ARRESTED IN MASSIVE BAY AREA WEAPONS, DRUG BUST
- FAMILY HEARTBROKEN AS NURSE, HUSBAND FACE DEPORTATION
- OAKLAND MUSICIAN DIES AFTER BEING ROBBED, DRAGGED
- NKOREA DETAILS PLAN TO FIRE MISSILE TOWARD GUAM
- VIDEO SHOWS BABYSITTERS PUTTING 7-MONTH-OLD IN FRIDGE
- MOSCOW MULES IN COPPER MUGS COULD BE POISONING YOU