SAN LEANDRO (KRON) — All lanes of southbound 880 in San Leandro are open following a shooting Monday morning, according to California Highway Patrol.
The shooting happened around 2:30 a.m. at the Highway 238 interchange in the area Lewelling Blvd., CHP said. The CHP says they got a report about a “road rage” type incident on I-880 near Washington Avenue.
CHP says they found four people in a car.
The driver had been shot in the head. That person is in the hospital in critical condition.
The three other passengers were not hard.
A traffic alert was issued shortly after officers arrived.
Drivers could pass through the area, and were diverted off the freeway.
CHP began picking up cones to reopen the roadway just before 9:00 a.m.
Drivers should expect heavy residual delays.
Officers are asking anyone with information to contact them through their Golden Gate Communications Center at (707)-551-4180.
— Terisa Estacio (@TerisaEstacio) August 14, 2017
This is a developing, breaking news story – Stay with KRON4 for updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 75 ARRESTED IN MASSIVE BAY AREA WEAPONS, DRUG BUST
- FAMILY HEARTBROKEN AS NURSE, HUSBAND FACE DEPORTATION
- OAKLAND MUSICIAN DIES AFTER BEING ROBBED, DRAGGED
- NKOREA DETAILS PLAN TO FIRE MISSILE TOWARD GUAM
- VIDEO SHOWS BABYSITTERS PUTTING 7-MONTH-OLD IN FRIDGE
- MOSCOW MULES IN COPPER MUGS COULD BE POISONING YOU