LAKE COUNTY (KRON) — The Lake County Sheriff’s Office was searching for a gunman accused of shooting at CHP Officers and Caltrans workers as they conducted road work on Highway 29 in Kelseyville on Monday morning.
But at a news conference on Monday afternoon, deputies say the suspect has been captured. No injuries were reported.
The shooting happened at around 10:30 a.m. between Cruickshank Road and Cole Creek Road on Hwy 29.
Deputies say 43-year-old Joshua Caleb Brown, of Kelseyville, fired two shots in the direction of officers and workers. When sheriff’s deputies arrived, they said Brown fired another shot toward officers.
Minutes later, Brown fired two more shots at officers, deputies said.
Brown ran away and got lost in the bushes and trees, authorities said.
Authorities had issued a shelter in place Monday in Kelseyville due to a “Law Enforcement Operation.”
The police activity was in the area south of Kelseyville, near Highway 29 and Sand Creek Road.
Brown was considered armed and dangerous.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 75 ARRESTED IN MASSIVE BAY AREA WEAPONS, DRUG BUST
- FAMILY HEARTBROKEN AS NURSE, HUSBAND FACE DEPORTATION
- OAKLAND MUSICIAN DIES AFTER BEING ROBBED, DRAGGED
- NKOREA DETAILS PLAN TO FIRE MISSILE TOWARD GUAM
- VIDEO SHOWS BABYSITTERS PUTTING 7-MONTH-OLD IN FRIDGE
- MOSCOW MULES IN COPPER MUGS COULD BE POISONING YOU