LIVERMORE (KRON)–A man was killed late Wednesday night during an officer-involved shooting in Livermore, the department said.
According to Livermore police, around 8:50 p.m. officers received calls from residents about a man acting bizarrely and harassing people.
Police arrived at the 1300 block of Via Deste.
Officers said the suspect refused to obey their commands. He allegedly went inside a home and armed himself with a firearm.
Police attempted to negotiate with the man after he made suicidal statements. Shortly after, several shots were fired from within the home, police said.
A crisis negotiator was on scene and tried to calm the suspect to no avail.
A fire was lit inside the home and the man came out holding a shotgun, police said.
Officers fired at the suspect, who was hit and pronounced dead at the scene.
Fire personnel extinguished the blaze inside the home.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FREE CRUISE ROBOCALL COULD GET YOU $900
- MAN NEARLY DIES FROM FALLING INTO WOODCHIPPER
- DUBLIN WOMAN WINS $1.6M AT LAS VEGAS AIRPORT
- CHILDREN, GRANDFATHER KILLED IN SAN JOSE FIRE
- ICE AGENTS CONDUCT HUMAN TRAFFICKING RAID IN OAKLAND
- ‘KIDNAPPER’ TO MOM: MONEY OR DAUGHTER KILLED