MOBILE, AL (WKRG) — A daycare worker is facing charges in connection to the death of a child in Alabama.
Investigators and canine units searched the home of Valerie Patterson in Mobile Tuesday.
Patterson has been charged with abuse of a corpse in connection to the death of five-year-old old Kamden Johnson.
A group of high school students found Kamden’s body along the side of a road Monday.
Police say Patterson was driving a van for community daycare.
The van was supposed to take Kamden to school but he was never dropped off.
They believe Patterson is the last person to see the child alive.
Authorities say they are waiting for autopsy results to determine Kamden’s cause of death.
It could mean additional charges for Patterson.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE: BABYSITTER ARRESTED FOR MOLESTING GIRL IN SUNNYVALE
- BAY AREA RAPPER KEAK DA SNEAK SHOT IN RICHMOND
- VIDEO: SOLAR ECLIPSE MAKES ITS WAY ACROSS U.S.
- BAY AREA FREEWAY HALTS AS DRIVERS STOP TO WATCH SOLAR ECLIPSE
- MISSED THE ECLIPSE? AMERICA’S NEXT ONE IS IN 2024
- TEEN WHO LIVESTREAMED CRASH: ‘I LOOK LIKE A HORRIBLE MONSTER’
- HIGHLY VENOMOUS SNAKE FOUND SLITHERING THROUGH KIDS’ LEGO SET