LOS ANGELES (AP) — George and Amal Clooney are donating $1 million to fight hate groups.
The couple announced Tuesday that their Clooney Foundation for Justice is supporting the Southern Poverty Law Center with a $1 million grant to combat hate groups in the United States.
George Clooney says in a statement Tuesday that they wanted to add their voices and financial assistance to the fight for equality.
Clooney said, “There are no two sides to bigotry and hate.”
The Southern Poverty Law Center monitors the activities of more than 1,600 extremist groups in the U.S. and has used litigation to win judgments against white supremacist organizations.
Last month, the Clooney Foundation announced a $2 million grant to support education for Syrian refugee children.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: SOLAR ECLIPSE MAKES ITS WAY ACROSS U.S.
- BAY AREA FREEWAY HALTS AS DRIVERS STOP TO WATCH SOLAR ECLIPSE
- PHOTOS: THE GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE 2017
- MISSED THE ECLIPSE? AMERICA’S NEXT ONE IS IN 2024
- TEEN WHO LIVESTREAMED CRASH: ‘I LOOK LIKE A HORRIBLE MONSTER’
- HIGHLY VENOMOUS SNAKE FOUND SLITHERING THROUGH KIDS’ LEGO SET