TEXAS (KRON) – – A Texas mother is outraged this morning after her four-year-old son was sent home from school for having long hair.
Jabez Oates went to school for the first two days.
By day three, he was sent home and no longer allowed in class because of the length of his hair.
His mother says she learned about the new school hair policies at registration.
She was told she needed a letter citing a religious or cultural exception for her son to have hair longer than ear-length.
His mother believes this is wrong, that her son’s hair is “who he is.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: SOLAR ECLIPSE MAKES ITS WAY ACROSS U.S.
- BAY AREA FREEWAY HALTS AS DRIVERS STOP TO WATCH SOLAR ECLIPSE
- PHOTOS: THE GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE 2017
- MISSED THE ECLIPSE? AMERICA’S NEXT ONE IS IN 2024
- TEEN WHO LIVESTREAMED CRASH: ‘I LOOK LIKE A HORRIBLE MONSTER’
- HIGHLY VENOMOUS SNAKE FOUND SLITHERING THROUGH KIDS’ LEGO SET