BERKELEY (KRON) — A right-wing group called “No Marxism in America” has been denied a permit by the City of Berkeley for their rally, according to city documents.
The rally was scheduled at the Martin Luther King Jr. Civic Center Park on Sunday.
Berkeley Deputy City Manager Jovan Grogan tells organizer Amber Cummings in a letter that her permit application was late and incomplete, doesn’t include details on how she will ensure safety, and lacks Cumming’s proper identification.
Thousands of counter-protesters were expected to descend upon Berkeley this weekend.
Cummings, who identifies herself as a transgender patriot, planned the event on social media and has worn sunglasses or covered her face with a bandanna when speaking about the event.
Here is the full rejection letter:
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NATIONAL PARKS SERVICE APPROVES PERMIT FOR SF RALLY
- REP. SPEIER CALLS PRES. TRUMP A ‘MALIGNANT NARCISSIST’
- TWO LAKE TAHOE SISTERS MISSING AFTER ECLIPSE FESTIVAL
- PAIR CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER BODIES FOUND IN TUBS OF CHEMICALS
- PIGLETS RESCUED FROM BARN FIRE SERVED TO FIREFIGHTERS AS SAUSAGES
- WATCH KRON4 NEWSCASTS LIVE