PETALUMA (KRON) — A large grass fire that broke out Sunday in Petaluma is contained, according to fire officials.
Residents in the 500 block of Bodega Ave. were the first to alert to police of the blaze.
Fortunately, the flames were never a threat to homes in the area.
By 5:00 p.m., the fire was fully contained to 18 acres, according to Cal Fire.
Crews are still on scene Monday morning monitoring for hot spots.
Clean up work will begin once day breaks.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PATRIOT PRAYER GROUP CANCELS SAN FRANCISCO RALLY
- ORGANIZER OF BERKELEY RALLY ASKS PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY
- DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO PRESIDENT TRUMP GORKA RESIGNS
- TRUMP PARDONS EX-SHERIFF CONVICTED OF DEFYING JUDGE’S ORDER
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: GHOSTLY IMAGE SEEN OUTSIDE HOME
- FOSTER FATHER CHARGED IN BABY’S DEATH
- VIDEO: ‘DISGUSTING’ FOOD SAFETY VIOLATIONS AT CARL’S JR.