SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — As Hurricane Harvey continues to cause mass devastation in Texas, Bay Area residents are wondering what they can do to help.
The Bay Area Red Cross CEO, Trevor Riggen, was in the KRON4 studio Tuesday morning to provide the best options for contributing to relief efforts.
Riggens says there are two main ways to help – Financial donations and actually signing up to volunteer in Texas.
While the Red Cross may not send you right away, Riggens says if interested, you should get your name on the volunteer list now in order to begin training.
For more information, watch the full interview above.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PATRIOT PRAYER GROUP CANCELS SAN FRANCISCO RALLY
- ORGANIZER OF BERKELEY RALLY ASKS PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY
- DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO PRESIDENT TRUMP GORKA RESIGNS
- TRUMP PARDONS EX-SHERIFF CONVICTED OF DEFYING JUDGE’S ORDER
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: GHOSTLY IMAGE SEEN OUTSIDE HOME
- FOSTER FATHER CHARGED IN BABY’S DEATH
- VIDEO: ‘DISGUSTING’ FOOD SAFETY VIOLATIONS AT CARL’S JR.