OAKLAND (KRON) — Bay Area drivers are used to keeping an eye out for deer in the road, but not on the Bay Bridge.
That’s where Oakland CHP found one the wild animals meandering early Tuesday morning.
CHP joked that the deer was “a buck short” for bridge toll.
“This morning our officers stopped a doe for toll evasion, on the Bay Bridge. She said she usually pays it, but today she was a buck short,” CHP said in a Twitter post.
This morning our officers stopped a doe for toll evasion, on the Bay Bridge. She said she usually pays it, but today she was a buck short. pic.twitter.com/KkkDJpn5Ck
— CHP Oakland (@CHPoakland) August 29, 2017
While the picture is cute, it’s also somewhat concerning.
Bay Bridge traffic is hectic enough as is – Imagine navigating the chaos while also having to watch out for deer.
Fortunately, CHP officers assure us that won’t be the case, that this is an extremely rare occurrence.
They believe the deer wandered onto the bridge from Treasure Island.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PATRIOT PRAYER GROUP CANCELS SAN FRANCISCO RALLY
- ORGANIZER OF BERKELEY RALLY ASKS PEOPLE TO STAY AWAY
- DEPUTY ASSISTANT TO PRESIDENT TRUMP GORKA RESIGNS
- TRUMP PARDONS EX-SHERIFF CONVICTED OF DEFYING JUDGE’S ORDER
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: GHOSTLY IMAGE SEEN OUTSIDE HOME
- FOSTER FATHER CHARGED IN BABY’S DEATH
- VIDEO: ‘DISGUSTING’ FOOD SAFETY VIOLATIONS AT CARL’S JR.