SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Caltrans plans to close part of the Bay Bridge every other Saturday while they finish the demolition of the eastern span of the old Bay Bridge.
Begining on Sept. 2, Caltrans will close the eastbound lanes of the Bay Bridge for 30 minutes as they implode an underwater pier.
The closure will happen sometime between 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Caltrans says this will happen every other Saturday until Nov. 11 as they implode 13 underwater piers.
The Bicycle and the Pedestrian path will also be closed during these implosions. These closures will last all day.
— Caltrans District 4 (@CaltransD4) August 30, 2017
Stay with KRON4 for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY
- VALLEJO SCHOOL TEACHER ACCUSED OF DEALING HEROIN, METHADONE
- FAMILY OF 6 PRESUMED DEAD AFTER VAN SINKS IN HARVEY FLOODS
- UNIVERSITY FIRES PROFESSOR WHO BLAMED HARVEY ON GOP VOTE
- 300 GATORS COULD ESCAPE AS TEXAS FLOOD WATERS GROW
- ONLY ON 4: MAN SAYS HE SAVED WOMAN FROM BART ATTACK
- POLICE: MAN KIDNAPPED 7-YEAR-OLD GIRL, THREW HER OFF BRIDGE