CONCORD (KRON)– California Highway Patrol officers are trying to identify the driver involved in a fatal hit-and-run along Highway 4 in Concord on Tuesday night.
According to CHP, the incident occurred around 10:25 p.m. near the Solano Way offramp on Highway 4.
The driver of a small red vehicle rear-ended a flatbed truck red car. The impact of the crash killed the driver.
Th suspect driving the flatbed truck fled the scene, but the vehicle was later located a mile away in an industrial park on Folsom Court. with two people nearby.
CHP is working to identify who was behind the wheel at the time of the collision.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY
- VALLEJO SCHOOL TEACHER ACCUSED OF DEALING HEROIN, METHADONE
- FAMILY OF 6 PRESUMED DEAD AFTER VAN SINKS IN HARVEY FLOODS
- UNIVERSITY FIRES PROFESSOR WHO BLAMED HARVEY ON GOP VOTE
- 300 GATORS COULD ESCAPE AS TEXAS FLOOD WATERS GROW
- ONLY ON 4: MAN SAYS HE SAVED WOMAN FROM BART ATTACK
- POLICE: MAN KIDNAPPED 7-YEAR-OLD GIRL, THREW HER OFF BRIDGE