SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Powell Street BART station in San Francisco was closed Wednesday after as police investigated a suspicious package.
Police were asking residents to avoid the area of Market and 4th Streets. Riders were also advised to avoid the Powell BART Station.
A shelter in place was issued for the area, police said.
BART trains were stopping at the Powell Station. Trains have resumed service but delays are expected.
— San Francisco Police (@SFPD) August 30, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY
- VALLEJO SCHOOL TEACHER ACCUSED OF DEALING HEROIN, METHADONE
- FAMILY OF 6 PRESUMED DEAD AFTER VAN SINKS IN HARVEY FLOODS
- UNIVERSITY FIRES PROFESSOR WHO BLAMED HARVEY ON GOP VOTE
- 300 GATORS COULD ESCAPE AS TEXAS FLOOD WATERS GROW
- ONLY ON 4: MAN SAYS HE SAVED WOMAN FROM BART ATTACK
- POLICE: MAN KIDNAPPED 7-YEAR-OLD GIRL, THREW HER OFF BRIDGE