POLAND, Ohio (WKBN) — A man is facing child endangering and drug charges after police say he overdosed on heroin while he was left with his children in Poland.
Ryan Kosek was found unresponsive in the bathroom after his wife came home. She put him under a cold shower, thinking it would revive him, according to police.
When that didn’t work, she called 911. Kosek was given naloxone, a drug that reverses the effects of an opioid overdose.
Police said Kosek’s 1- and 2-year-old children were home with him at the time.
Kosek appeared in court on Wednesday morning. Bond was set at $6,500, and his trial is scheduled for Sept. 6.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY
- VALLEJO SCHOOL TEACHER ACCUSED OF DEALING HEROIN, METHADONE
- FAMILY OF 6 PRESUMED DEAD AFTER VAN SINKS IN HARVEY FLOODS
- UNIVERSITY FIRES PROFESSOR WHO BLAMED HARVEY ON GOP VOTE
- 300 GATORS COULD ESCAPE AS TEXAS FLOOD WATERS GROW
- ONLY ON 4: MAN SAYS HE SAVED WOMAN FROM BART ATTACK
- POLICE: MAN KIDNAPPED 7-YEAR-OLD GIRL, THREW HER OFF BRIDGE