MORAGA (KRON)– Many schools around the Bay Area took precautionary measures because of the heat and air quality.
District officials in the East Bay moved the start times of their football games Friday night to 8 p.m. Some games were even canceled.
In Contra Costa County, most games start at 7 p.m. but it was too dangerous with temperatures several degrees above 100.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SAN FRANCISCO BREAKS ALL-TIME RECORD HIGH
- LIST OF BAY AREA CITIES THAT BROKE RECORD HIGHS
- MAN SUSPECTED OF BEATING KIDS WITH HAMMER
- SMOKE SEEN POURING FROM RUSSIAN CONSULATE IN SF
- VIDEO: NURSE CUFFED FOR REFUSING TO DRAW BLOOD
- THREE CHARGED WITH TORTURE OF 10-YEAR-OLD CHILD
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY