ALAMEDA (KRON) — Police are investigating a possible hate crime after a noose was found on Alameda High School’s campus on Tuesday.
At 4 p.m., administrators found a rope tied into a noose on a fence that surrounds the tennis courts on Encinal Avenue.
The noose was hanging on the external side of the fence along the sidewalk.
The school sent out a call to parents at around 4:30 p.m. They also contacted Alameda Police, who are now investigating it as a hate crime.
It’s unknown if it was a student who made the noose.
Recently, police have been investigating various hate crimes in Alameda.
A Jewish Temple on Bay Farm was vandalized by a rock thrower in August.
Also in August, a man found anti-Islam flyers littered on the sidewalk of an Alameda street. The cards featured swastikas and a threat to kill Muslims.
Alameda High School was recently under fire for not doing enough when a student received anti-Semitic text messages from classmates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- OBAMA CALLS DECISION TO PHASE-OUT DACA ‘CRUEL’
- SURVEILLANCE VIDEO: TAKE-OVER ROBBERY AT TARGET
- MOTHER ACCUSED OF ENCOURAGING 4-YEAR-OLD TO FIGHT
- DEPUTIES CHARGED FOR LETTING INMATES THROW FECES
- BOY, 15, ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH TRACY MURDER
- HOW TO HELP VICTIMS OF HURRICANE HARVEY