SACRAMENTO (KRON) — Two Sacramento police officers have been shot Thursday morning.
According to the Sacramento Police Department’s Twitter page, the officers have non-life threatening injuries.
The suspect, who was wanted in a double-homicide, was killed in a shootout with police.
The shooting happened at 27th Avenue near a police sub-station.
The shootout came as hundreds of law enforcement officers were in nearby Roseville for the memorial service for Sacramento County Sheriff’s Deputy Robert French, who was killed in a shootout last week in which the suspect also died.
— Sacramento Police (@SacPolice) September 7, 2017
Further information is unavailable at this time.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHARLES MANSON FOLLOWER GRANTED PAROLE
- RAY LEWIS: TWEET COST KAEPERNICK JOB WITH RAVENS
- VIDEO: LAS VEGAS POLICE HANDCUFF SEAHAWKS’ BENNETT
- 15-YEAR-OLD SUSPECTED OF STARTING OREGON FIRE
- MAN ARRESTED FOR SHOOTING DEER TO DEATH
- NOOSE FOUND AT EAST BAY HIGH SCHOOL
- DONATE TO KRON4’S HARVEY RELIEF FUND