FLORIDA (KRON)– A Miami woman went into labor as Hurricane Irma pummeled the Florida coast.
The city of Miami shared the story on Twitter on Sunday.
Emergency workers and doctors couldn’t get to the woman in time, so they coached her over the phone.
She gave birth to a baby girl Sunday morning at her home in a section of Miami called, “Little Haiti.”
Medical personnel eventually arrived to bring the mother and baby to a nearby hospital.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- US APPEALS COURT REJECTS TRUMP’S LIMITED VIEW OF TRAVEL BAN
- DATA FROM 143 MILLION AMERICANS EXPOSED IN HACK
- OAKLAND FIRE CAPTAIN ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- 4 ROBBERY SUSPECTS DETAINED IN OAKLAND
- FEMALE INMATES WALK AWAY FROM DUBLIN PRISON
- JUDGE: BRAIN DEAD GIRL MAY STILL BE ALIVE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL HELD 29 DAYS, TIED UP AND RAPED