SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–The San Francisco Police Department is investigating a shooting that occurred in the city’s Tenderloin district early Saturday.
According to SFPD, around 2:50 a.m. a woman in her 30s was shot outside a strip club called New Century Theater located near Larkin Street and Myrtle Street.
Medical personnel transported the victim to a nearby hospital and was pronounced dead.
Torres was a gay trans activist, who went by the name Bubbles and liked to dress up in women’s clothing, sources said.
Friends told Sogomonian, Bubbles was an artist and DJ that played electronic music at local clubs.
Bubbles was well known in the community and had lived between SOMA and the Tenderloin for nearly two decades. His friend told KRON4, that he left a strong impression on all those who crossed paths with him.
Police haven’t released any suspect description or the motive behind Torres’ death.
— Ella Sogomonian (@EllaSogomonian) September 11, 2017
Trans activist killed outside San Francisco club
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- US APPEALS COURT REJECTS TRUMP’S LIMITED VIEW OF TRAVEL BAN
- DATA FROM 143 MILLION AMERICANS EXPOSED IN HACK
- OAKLAND FIRE CAPTAIN ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- 4 ROBBERY SUSPECTS DETAINED IN OAKLAND
- FEMALE INMATES WALK AWAY FROM DUBLIN PRISON
- JUDGE: BRAIN DEAD GIRL MAY STILL BE ALIVE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL HELD 29 DAYS, TIED UP AND RAPED