Video courtesy of CNN
PITTSBURGH (AP) – A suburban Pittsburgh woman is accused of stabbing her 8-day-old son and the baby’s father, and police say she told them God made her do it because the baby was created “by the devil.”
WPXI-TV reports police arrested Tanishia Fielder on Friday on charges of attempted homicide, aggravated assault, terroristic threats and other charges.
The baby was stabbed near the eye. The baby’s condition and that of his father weren’t known.
Police found a knife hidden beneath a garbage bin behind Fielder’s apartment. Witnesses who tried to help the man and baby before Fielder chased them away told police she was wielding a knife that matched the one under the bin.
“Man, it was devastating. I never seen anything like that before …especially from her, I never would have expected that,” neighbor Darius Warren told KDKA.
The baby’s father told police he and Fielder had argued earlier in the day.
No attorney information is available for Fielder.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- US APPEALS COURT REJECTS TRUMP’S LIMITED VIEW OF TRAVEL BAN
- DATA FROM 143 MILLION AMERICANS EXPOSED IN HACK
- OAKLAND FIRE CAPTAIN ARRESTED ON CHILD PORN CHARGES
- 4 ROBBERY SUSPECTS DETAINED IN OAKLAND
- FEMALE INMATES WALK AWAY FROM DUBLIN PRISON
- JUDGE: BRAIN DEAD GIRL MAY STILL BE ALIVE
- 15-YEAR-OLD GIRL HELD 29 DAYS, TIED UP AND RAPED