NEW YORK (AP) — Denny’s says it’s happy its cartoon breakfast sausage mascot is finally getting some attention, even if it’s not exactly the kind it wanted.
Twitter users mocked the restaurant chain on Wednesday, saying that the brown, hat-wearing character looked more like something found in a toilet. Some compared him to the Mr. Hankey character from TV’s “South Park.”
Despite what it called the “unflattering comparisons,” Denny’s says it has no plans to change the look of the mascot, which has eyes, hands, legs and a mouth. It says the mascot “looks exactly like a breakfast sausage should” and will enjoy his 15 minutes of fame.
The company based in Spartanburg, South Carolina, says it introduced the “Sausage” mascot, along with “Egg,” ″Pancake” and “Bacon,” in 2014 to promote its Grand Slam breakfast.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP