LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Actor Frank Vincent died Wednesday morning from complications suffered during surgery, according to TMZ.
The actor is best known for his role as Phil Leotardo, the nemesis of Tony Soprano in The Sopranos. He has also had a memorable role as Billy Batts in Goodfellas.
According to TMZ, Vincent was having open-heart surgery in a New Jersey hospital when he died. The 78-year-old had to have the surgery because he suffered a heart attack last week.
Involved in show business for 41 years, Vincent was one of the most recognizable character actors. He was most recognized for the tough guy roles in mafia movies.
Vincent was also known for his roles in Raging Bull, Casino and Do the Right Thing.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP