ANTIOCH (KRON)–A road rage incident led to an officer-involved shooting in Antioch Tuesday night.
Around 10:00 p.m. police responded to a report of road rage that ended in an off-duty officer shooting a man near Lone Tree Way.
According to police, the man chased the officer and repeatedly crashed into his vehicle. A woman was also riding in the officer’s vehicle.
When the chase ended, the suspect got out of his car with a tire jack and the officer opened fire.
Police said this was a domestic dispute.
The suspect was shot and treated for his injuries. He was later booked into county jail.
It is not yet clear where the officer works, but police said it’s out of Contra Costa County.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BAY AREA SEES MORE THAN 800 LIGHTNING STRIKES DURING THUNDERSTORM
- VIDEO: MOUSE IN MRS. FIELD’S COOKIE DISPLAY CASE
- VIDEO: U.C. BERKELEY OFFICER TAKES HOT DOG VENDOR’S MONEY
- TRANS ACTIVIST SHOT, KILLED OUTSIDE SAN FRANCISCO CLUB
- KENTUCKY BOY FOUND DEAD AFTER BEING ABDUCTED WITH HIS MOTHER
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: OLD PARKING HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK