BERKELEY (KRON) — Nine people have been arrested at the Ben Shapiro protest in Berkeley.
Twenty-year-old Hannah Benjamin and 44-year-old Sarah Roark were arrested near the protest of the conservative speaker.
Roark was arrested for carrying a banned weapon near Bancroft Way and Bowditch Street, police said.
Benjamin, of Fremont, was arrested on Bancroft and Telegraph Avenue for battery on a police officer and carrying a banned weapon, police said.
Police also said a third person was arrested for carrying banned weapons.
At around 9:30 p.m., police said on Twitter that Michael Paul Sullivan, 29, of Hayward, was arrested near Bancroft Way and Telegraph Avenue for carrying a banned weapon.
At around 10:45 p.m. on Thursday, police announced nine people were arrested.
Those arrested and their charges are below:
- Rourke, Sarah, 44, San Francisco, BMC 13.45.020
- Benjamin, Hannah, 20, Fremont, BMC 13.45.020, PC 243 (b)
- Sullivan, Michael Paul, 29, Hayward. BMC 13.45.020
- Celik, Kerim, 18, Saratoga, 415 PC
- Gudino, Noe Gonzalez, 24, Richmond, CA 415 PC, 647(f) PC
- Reyes, Miguel, 21, Colton, CA 148 PC
- Cabanillas, Jorge, 20, Rialto, CA, 242 PC
- Robinson, Eddy, 44, Oakland, BMC 13.45.020
- Bauer, Darin, 45, Berkeley, 242 PC
— Berkeley Police (@berkeleypolice) September 15, 2017
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WATER NOT DRINKABLE, USABLE IN PARTS OF ALAMEDA
- OAKLAND A’S SETTLE ON SITE FOR NEW BALLPARK
- 6 DIE AFTER NURSING HOME LEFT WITH NO A/C FROM IRMA
- TRIPLE SHOOTING LEAVES 1 DEAD IN SAN FRANCISCO
- ‘WORST 45 MIN. OF MY LIFE:’ POLICE WARN OF KIDNAPPING SCAM
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP