BEAVERTON, Ore. (KOIN) — A man who allegedly broke into Oregon businesses and stole 2 packs of cigarettes but left 2 bottles of beer as payment was arrested quickly Monday morning.
Alarms went off at 2 nearby businesses on SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy at 6:45 a.m. and 7:03 a.m., Beaveton PD Sgt. Mike Rowe said.
When police went to the scenes, they found a glass window at one spot and a glass door at the other spot were broken.
The cigarettes were taken from the store at 10425 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy, and that’s where the beer was left, Rowe said.
About 10 minutes later, William Carmichael was spotted walking along the highway. Rowe said the 43-year-old man had cuts on his hands from breaking the glass.
Carmichael was taken to the Washington County Jail and faces burglary and criminal mischief charges.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SUSPECT IN STOLEN GUN MURDER IS UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT
- 9 ARRESTED DURING BEN SHAPIRO PROTEST IN BERKELY
- DAD SHOOTS, KILLS INTRUDER WHO BROKE INTO WRONG HOME
- VICTIM TOOK PICTURES OF ROAD RAGE SUSPECT BEFORE BEING KILLED
- POLICE: WOMAN FINDS BOYFRIEND ON 12-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, STABS HIM
- VICTIM TOLD SUSPECT: I KNEW YOU WOULD ‘SHOOT UP THE SCHOOL’
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP