OHIO (KRON) — Authorities say a father scaring his daughter resulted in a chase around the neighborhood, a gunshot, and charges against two Boardman, Ohio men.
Boardman police say Vernon Barrett Jr. wore a clown mask and chased his six-year-old daughter around the neighborhood.
Police say the child ended up jumping into a stranger’s car, and then ran down the street and into a stranger’s apartment.
She reportedly screamed to the family that a clown was chasing her.
When the family looked out the window and saw the girl’s father wearing the clown mask, authorities say Dion Santiago fired a gunshot into his yard but missed.
The father told police he chased his daughter to discipline her for behavioral issues instead of spanking her.
A police report says Barrett is charged with child endangerment and inducing panic.
Santiago is charged with using weapons while intoxicated.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SUSPECT IN STOLEN GUN MURDER IS UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT
- 9 ARRESTED DURING BEN SHAPIRO PROTEST IN BERKELY
- DAD SHOOTS, KILLS INTRUDER WHO BROKE INTO WRONG HOME
- VICTIM TOOK PICTURES OF ROAD RAGE SUSPECT BEFORE BEING KILLED
- POLICE: WOMAN FINDS BOYFRIEND ON 12-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, STABS HIM
- VICTIM TOLD SUSPECT: I KNEW YOU WOULD ‘SHOOT UP THE SCHOOL’
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP