SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A recent spike in crime has led to a community meeting in San Francisco’s Twin Peaks neighborhood.
Residents have reported a large number of vehicles being broken into.
There was also a fatal shooting at popular tourist spot back in July.
Two suspects are in custody for that crime, accused of robbing a 71-year-old man of a camera before killing him.
Police have stepped up patrols in the area, and there is talk of installing surveillance cameras as a way to deter crime.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTOS OF SUSPECT WHO TRIED TO ROB BART RIDER WITH NOTE
- UNSECURED GUN STOLEN FROM SF SHERIFF’S DEPUTY’S CAR
- CALIFORNIA DAD PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN DEATHS OF HIS CHILDREN
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HITTING SAN LEANDRO OFFICERS WITH CAR
- VIDEO: YOUNG IMMIGRANTS SHOUT DOWN NANCY PELOSI
- POLICE: WOMAN SHOT BOYFRIEND, DISMEMBERED BODY
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP