WASHINGTON, D.C. (KRON) — The United States Attorney’s Office is reportedly working with the FBI to conduct a criminal investigation into three top Equifax officials.
The agency would consider whether the executives violated insider trading laws by selling company stock before the massive cyber breach was made public.
Equifax has previously claimed the executives “had no knowledge that an intrusion had occurred” at the time they sold their shares.
The investigation will also be looking into the breach itself.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTOS OF SUSPECT WHO TRIED TO ROB BART RIDER WITH NOTE
- UNSECURED GUN STOLEN FROM SF SHERIFF’S DEPUTY’S CAR
- CALIFORNIA DAD PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN DEATHS OF HIS CHILDREN
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HITTING SAN LEANDRO OFFICERS WITH CAR
- VIDEO: YOUNG IMMIGRANTS SHOUT DOWN NANCY PELOSI
- POLICE: WOMAN SHOT BOYFRIEND, DISMEMBERED BODY
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP