SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A San Francisco Sheriff’s deputy’s gun was stolen out of his car on Sunday, sheriff’s officials said Monday.
Police received a call about an auto burglary at 6:43 p.m. in the 200 block of San Bruno Avenue.
The service gun was stolen out of the trunk of the off-duty deputy’s parked rental car, according to Sheriff Hennessey.
Sheriff Hennessey said that the gun was not secured, which is a violation of the San Francisco Sheriff’s Department police.
The deputy is still on duty pending the outcome of the investigation.
Stay with KRON4 News for updates
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SUSPECT IN STOLEN GUN MURDER IS UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT
- 9 ARRESTED DURING BEN SHAPIRO PROTEST IN BERKELY
- DAD SHOOTS, KILLS INTRUDER WHO BROKE INTO WRONG HOME
- VICTIM TOOK PICTURES OF ROAD RAGE SUSPECT BEFORE BEING KILLED
- POLICE: WOMAN FINDS BOYFRIEND ON 12-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER, STABS HIM
- VICTIM TOLD SUSPECT: I KNEW YOU WOULD ‘SHOOT UP THE SCHOOL’
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP