SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A hate crime targeting an Asian-American family in San Francisco happened after the family chose to put a “Black Lives Matter” sign in their window.
The family is now trying to get more signs like it up.
This small Black Lives Matter sign has been in the window of the home near San Francisco’s Twin Peaks since 2015.
But police say it has sparked a hate crime as someone wrote the homeowners two letters.
KRON4’s J.R. Stone explains.
Watch the above video to see J.R.’s full report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- PHOTOS OF SUSPECT WHO TRIED TO ROB BART RIDER WITH NOTE
- UNSECURED GUN STOLEN FROM SF SHERIFF’S DEPUTY’S CAR
- CALIFORNIA DAD PLEADS NOT GUILTY IN DEATHS OF HIS CHILDREN
- MAN ARRESTED FOR HITTING SAN LEANDRO OFFICERS WITH CAR
- VIDEO: YOUNG IMMIGRANTS SHOUT DOWN NANCY PELOSI
- POLICE: WOMAN SHOT BOYFRIEND, DISMEMBERED BODY
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP