SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A man is dead after police shot him inside a San Francisco home, where he was allegedly holding two children and his wife hostage, according to San Francisco Police Department.
Around 11:35 p.m. Saturday night officers responded to a domestic violence incident on the unit block (0-99) of Salmon St. in the Central District, police said.
When officers arrived they heard yelling inside the apartment.
Police say that there was a man in his 30’s with an unspecified weapon with his wife and two kids, ages five and eleven, inside the home.
Police do not know the man’s exact relationship to the children.
At 11:45 p.m. officers heard one shot fired, prompting police to call in hostage and negotiation teams and a tactical unit.
— Philippe Djegal (@pdjegal) September 24, 2017
Negotiations went on from outside of the door until 2:50 a.m. Sunday.
The suspect stopped negotiating and fired another shot, according to police.
The tactical team then entered apartment and shot the man.
He was taken to the hospital where he died of his injuries.
The victims were rescued and removed.
None of the victims were injured as police say the suspect had fired a gun, but no one was shot.
There’s an active investigation by the SFPD homicide unit, SFPD internal affairs, SF District Attorney, Dept. of Police Accountability, and Medical Examiner’s Office.
Police say there will be a Town Hall meeting within the next 10 days.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 5.7-QUAKE STRIKES OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- 3 QUAKES HIT OFF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S COAST
- FOUNDER OF SF GROCERY STORE KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN
- TV VIEWERS ALARMED BY APOCALYPTIC EMERGENCY ALERT
- MAN HITS WOMAN IN THE FACE ON BART IN THE EAST BAY
- SUSPECT PLANS TO SUE ‘HERO’ WHO STOPPED ARMED ROBBERY
- JOGGER WON’T STOP POOPING IN FRONT OF FAMILY’S HOME
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP