EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. (AP) – A Pennsylvania funeral director has been charged with abusing corpses and other crimes for allegedly taking cellphone pictures of the dead to “gross out” her friends and family.
27-year-old Angeliegha Stewart also faces a marijuana charge, after Monroe County detectives found conversations about deals when they searched her phone last month amid their investigation into the photos.
Authorities say Stewart took pictures of one corpse during an organ-harvesting process and others of a decomposing corpse.
Some of the corpses were in caskets; some were not.
Authorities on Monday were still identifying the corpses.
Online court records show Stewart applied for a public defender, but that office said Monday it doesn’t represent her.
Officials with the Lanterman & Allen Funeral Home in East Stroudsburg didn’t immediately return a call.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 5.7-QUAKE STRIKES OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- 3 QUAKES HIT OFF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S COAST
- FOUNDER OF SF GROCERY STORE KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN
- TV VIEWERS ALARMED BY APOCALYPTIC EMERGENCY ALERT
- MAN HITS WOMAN IN THE FACE ON BART IN THE EAST BAY
- SUSPECT PLANS TO SUE ‘HERO’ WHO STOPPED ARMED ROBBERY
- JOGGER WON’T STOP POOPING IN FRONT OF FAMILY’S HOME
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP