SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The California-based Courage Campaign has commissioned a new billboard on the Bay Bridge that calls on Congress to begin impeachment proceedings against President Trump.
The billboard, which reads “IMPEACH” with a photo of President Trump, was put up Monday morning.
Courage Campaign released the following statement about the reasons behind the billboard.
The billboard effort comes on the heels of accusations of Trump violating the Constitution, attempting to obstruct an investigation into potential wrongdoing by his presidential campaign, refusing to divest from his businesses, publicly supporting white supremacist violence in Charlottesville, and recent decisions to eliminate DACA protections for more than 800,000 young immigrants.
In the same statement, Courage Campaign says that the billboard was funded by donations made by Californians who agree with their demand for the impeachment of the President.
— Ella Sogomonian (@EllaSogomonian) September 26, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 5.7-QUAKE STRIKES OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- 3 QUAKES HIT OFF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S COAST
- FOUNDER OF SF GROCERY STORE KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN
- TV VIEWERS ALARMED BY APOCALYPTIC EMERGENCY ALERT
- MAN HITS WOMAN IN THE FACE ON BART IN THE EAST BAY
- SUSPECT PLANS TO SUE ‘HERO’ WHO STOPPED ARMED ROBBERY
- JOGGER WON’T STOP POOPING IN FRONT OF FAMILY’S HOME
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP