SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — In today’s edition of The World According to Gary, Gary Radnich and Darya Folsom talk about a controversial collision of politics and pro sports.
It all started at a rally Friday night in Alabama, when President Trump exclaimed that players who protest the national anthem should be fired.
Then on Saturday, the President targeted Stephen Curry and the Warriors with a tweet “uninviting them from the White House.”
These two statements created a twitter-storm among pro-athletes, and prompted an NFL Sunday filled with anthem protests.
Many Raider players participated, and they had a national platform to do so: Sunday Night Football in Washington D.C.
It’s now Monday morning, and the back-and-forth between Trump and athletes doesn’t appear to be slowing down.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 5.7-QUAKE STRIKES OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- 3 QUAKES HIT OFF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA’S COAST
- FOUNDER OF SF GROCERY STORE KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN
- TV VIEWERS ALARMED BY APOCALYPTIC EMERGENCY ALERT
- MAN HITS WOMAN IN THE FACE ON BART IN THE EAST BAY
- SUSPECT PLANS TO SUE ‘HERO’ WHO STOPPED ARMED ROBBERY
- JOGGER WON’T STOP POOPING IN FRONT OF FAMILY’S HOME
- DOWNLOAD THE BRAND NEW KRON4 NEWS APP